- New, signed, framed limited edition print by a great motorsport artist, Chris Duggan
- Approx. 40cm x 40cm
- Paddy Hopkirk Monte Carlo Winner 1964 – Mini Cooper S
- Guide Price: £100
- An advertising poster for the 1958 Grand Prix of Cuba.
- The race was held in Havana, Cuba and was the second of three races held on the island.
- This race was significant in that Fangio was kidnapped by pro-Castro forces on the eve of the race and released unharmed after the race.
- Signed by Juan Manuel Fangio in his office in Buenos Aires, May 1st 1994 (with photograph of the signing included);
- This was the day that Ayrton Senna died tragically and a few days before Juan had a major heart attack.
- He would not sign much after this and passed on nearly a year later (July 17 1995).
- The poster is a high-quality restrike of the original 1958 Cuban GP advertisement and it measures 19″ x 28″.
- Less than 100 of these posters were produced and passed on to Fangio to be signed, making this piece one of the ultimate Fangio collectables.
- Framed / glazed to a high standard.
- Guide Price: £250
- A pair of as new workshop boiler suit type overalls.
- Dickies ‘Redhawk’ size 44 chest – short (perfect size for the more mature FJ driver).
- Green with embroidered Lotus badge (standard 3” dia yellow & green) sewn onto left side chest.
- A week stay in a ‘SKI AND SUMMER apartment’ in Saint-Gervais
- Chris and Melanie are offering a week stay in their 2 bedroom apartment, just 100m from the ski lift, and with a view of Mont Blanc from the balcony.
- Great access from anywhere in Europe, with Geneva airport being less than an hour away.
- The apartment is very accessible – 50 minutes from Geneva airport.
- Transfers to Saint Gervais are available at c.30 Euros per person.
- Skiing is steps away and summer mountain biking, climbing, walking, paragliding, rafting, sight seeing or just “being” is right on the doorstep.
- Of interest to racers is that Dijon is 3 hours away, Mont Blanc tunnel for access to Italy (Monza, Mugello, Mille Miglia etc) is half an hour.Breakfast in France, Lunch in Italy, Supper in Switzerland, home to bed in France all via classic Alpine passes? Yes please!
- It is a wonderful, any time of year destination.
- Outdoor Swimming pool, during the Summer months.
- The resort of Saint-Gervais (ski domain linked to Megeve) has a wonderful “Frenchness” about it, whilst not being overrun with foreign nationals even in the height of the ski or summer season. Yet within 15 minutes you can be in the glamorous resorts of Chamonix or Megeve.
- You can be in Italy or Switzerland in less than an hour. Could even make a useful stopover en-route to Misano or Imola….
- You can choose any week that is available for the next year. This can be coordinated with Melanie amd Chris who will do their best to accomodate you. The dates it is not available, week beginning:
- Sat 28th December 2019
- Sat 1st Feb 2020
- Sat 15th Feb 2020
- Sat 22nd Feb 2020
- Sun 1st March 2020
- Otherwise any other week in 2019 or 2020!
- Guide Price: £400 – £800
- Jim Clark Book: Best of the Best
- Signed by both Clive Chapman and Bob Dance
- The book usually retails at £80 without signatures.
Jim Clark was a genuine sporting hero. He won 25 of his 72 Grands Prix and in the sixties was the yardstick by which every other driver on the starting grid was judged, and by which they judged themselves. Quite simply, Clark was peerless. Stubborn and notoriously indecisive outside the car, he would nervously chew his fingernails, but he was a genius when he got behind the wheel. To many he remains the greatest racing driver of all time, not just because of his fearsome strike rate and the magnitude and manner of his achievements, but also because he remained humble and unspoiled throughout. Published on the 50th anniversary of Clark’s death, this book, 20 years in the making, is a deeply detailed look at a complex and compelling character.
By David Tremayne
Foreword by Dario Franchitti
||Framed race poster from Teretonga in NZ in 2017, featuring a certain Mr Anistis in his Lotus 22
|| Triumph Herald Uprights;
- The Road to Monaco; My Life in Motor Racing
- Signed by Howden Ganley
- Guide Price: £60