1959 Sadler FJ
- Possibly the most beautifully prepared of all Bill Sadler’s original Juniors.
- Totally impeccable inside and out, from complete aluminium body to fracture-free tubular frame.
- Ready to go, concourse or track, and compete for the best in both.
- Just slide into this rare, flawless, totally legal, front engine Fj and go.
- Price: $59,000 US
- Contact Howard Freeman, Toronto, Canada on (001) 416-488-5590
- 1959 Stanguellini Chassis no CS00159
- Genuine, very nice condition
- Race ready
- Price: Eur 102, 500
- Tel: 001 15098 682 034
- Email: ricksminis1 (at) msn (dot) com
- 1959 Sadler Formula Junior.
- One of about a dozen front engined FJ designed and constructed by Bill Sadler’s, Sadler Car Co” in St Catherines, Canada in 1959 and 1960.
- One of the few Sadler’s with a known history going back to the early 1960s.
- Aluminium body.
- Extensively raced for many years out of Washington State.
- Competed in 2017 in the NA Sector of the Diamond Jubilee at Mosport, LimeRock, Watkins Glen.
- The complete car was completely stripped and rebuilt in 2017 by Tony Garmey- Horizon Racing and Performance, Seattle.
- BMC Long stroke 1098 cc motor with new Pauter steel rods, JE forged pistons, Swiftune valves, springs and rocker gear.
- BMC A series Gearbox and A series diff both rebuilt.
- New Chrome Moly steel rear axels.
- Correct 1-1/2” SU carbs – rebuilt.
- New 10” Bi metal Alfin type finned big brakes with steel liners, new cylinders and shoes on the front which give this car phenomenal braking.
- New SPA electronic fire system and Willans 6 point harness.
- Spares included.
- The car is located in West Cambridgeshire, UK, and is being prepared for the 2018 race season.
- Price 44,000 GBP
- For Further Information contact; Nigel Russell; nigel (at) ecpltd (dot) co (dot) nz
- Build no 164.
- Raced in period by Ron Carter of New Platt Motors + believed to be the first ‘Stan” to come to The UK. ( Hence BRG )
- Featured in the ‘Big Little Racing Car’ with John Love at the wheel.
- Goodwood / Monaco eligible. Last raced at Monaco in May 2016
- Current FIA HTP
- Recent re spray. New tyres etc. Ready to race!
- Substantial amount of historical records. Period photographs etc
- Very reluctant sale but trust someone will enjoy “ Stanley” + have the fun that we have had. Great car !
- For further information + price details please contact Richard Pugh on +44 (0) 1531 631 286 or e mail Richard@uplandsorchard.co.uk
- Stanguellini FJ 1959 Chassis N°119
- Fully prepared for the race very efficient one of the fastest classe A
- price to debate,
- make offer guido.diegidio (at) orange (dot) fr
Stanguellini Ch # CS00121
- The car is ready to race
- It has a fuel cell, rear brakes proportioning system, an oil accumulator to maintain oil flow to the motor if the oil pump cavitates. It is not a dry sump system, only a bit of extra oil capacity. It has a fire suppression system, too
- It has less than two hours on a new engine, which tested 107 hp on a dynamometer at assembly.
- I have all the parts which came off it during the rebuild in 1996-99. The silencer and steering wheel in the photos are used for racing. I also have the original steering wheel and straight exhaust pipe as furnished originally.
- The chassis number is CS00121, an early chassis which was very successfully raced by Roberto Bussinello in 1959.
- At the end of that season, he sold his ownership in the car back to the factory. I have a letter in his handwriting to that effect.
- Believed that the factory used CS00121 on a new chassis, as this entire car (chassis, suspension, bodywork) is easily late 1960, at least. It has the sliding block rear suspension, longer trailing arms in the rear, body cutouts for the external rear damper, and long-nose bodywork.
- Price is 150,000 US Dollars.
- In present ownership since 2006
- Contact Dick Little on vze4xyru (at) gmail.com